John Holbrook's Ohio University Webpage
Hi, I'm John Holbrook, an undergraduate student at Ohio University pursuing a B.S. in Computer Science, with expected graduation in May 2020.
My academic interests center around the use of consumer robotics platforms as an educational tool at the elementary and secondary levels. This manifests itself as volunteering at various educational robotics conpetitions throughout West Virginia and southeastern Ohio (including FLL, VIQC, and VRC/VEXU), as writing and resources related to educational robotics on my personal website, and as a small robot I operate which can be driven over the internet.
In the summer of 2019, I interned at the NASA Katherine Johnson IV&V Facility's Educator Resource Center in Fairmont, WV. While there, I worked with a team of interns and full-time staff to plan and teach a series of introductory robotics camps for students aged 6-14 in six cities throughout West Virginia. I also helped to organize and run the 2019 Mountain State Invitational, a FIRST® LEGO® League tournament featuring 62 teams and over 1000 participants from 11 countries.
Some of my other interests include small sailboat racing, sailing instruction, 3D printing, and listening to podcasts.
As Fleet Cpatain & Safety Officer of the OU Sailing Team, I ensure that all our equipment is properly maintained and that team members remain safe when practicing in Athens and competing at other schools throughout the MCSA. I previously served as the team's President & Commodore for calendar year 2018.
ContactThe best way to contact me is via email:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
CourseworkI have taken, am taking, or will take the following courses at OU:
- CS 4560 - Software Design and Development I
- CS 4750 - Internet Engineering
- MATH 2500 - Introduction to Statistics
- PAW 1206 - Bowling (Laboratory)
- CS 4250 - Operating Systems
- CHEM 1510 - Fundamentals of Chemistry 1
- COMS 1010 - Fundamentals of Human Communication
- ET 1100 - Engineering Graphics Fundamentals
- CS 4250 - Interactive Computer Graphics
- CS 4040 - Design & Analysis of Algorithms
- CS 3200 - Organization of Programming Languages
- ENG 3030J - Writing in the Professions
- CS 4000 - Distributed, Parallel, & Web-Centric Computing
- EE 3613 - Computer Organization
- EE 3713 - Applied Probability & Statistics for Electrical Engineers
- EE 3954 - Microprocessors & Microcontrollers
- MATH 3400 - Elementary Differential Equations
- CS 3610 - Data Structures
- MATH 3300 - Calculus 3
- PHYS 2052 - General Physics 2
- SPAN 2120 - Intermediate Spanish 2
- CS 2650 - Professional and Ethical Computing
- CS 3000 - Intro to Discrete Structures
- CS 3560 - Software Engineering Tools & Practies
- PHYS 2051 - General Physics 1
- MUS 1000 - Intro to Music Theory
- ET 1500 - Engineering & Technology Career Orientation
- CS 2401 - Intro to Programming in C++ 2
- EE 1024 - Intro to Computer Engineering
- MATH 3200 - Applied Linear Algebra
- ENG 1510 - Writing & Rhetoric 1
More info can be found at my personal website, johnholbrook.us.